- Curious Disney Facts:
Bruce, the ‘vegetarian’ great white shark of Finding Nemo, was named after the mechanical shark used in Jaws. And who knew that several families have asked to scatter a loved one’s ashes into the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland.
- Disney World Size: The Disney World resort is about the same size as San Francisco. And can you believe It would take 68 years to sleep in every single room at Disney World.
- Disney Anecdotes:
‘Man is in the forest’ was a code used by animators to warn colleagues to get back to work when Walt Disney was coming down the hallway.
Disney played homage to Steve Jobs by flyiing its flags at half-mast on the day the Apple co-founder died.
- Animation Facts:
Mickey Mouse was the first animated character to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame which is probably my favourite Disney fact.
Mickey was also the first animated character to talk which is fitting for a mouse of his magnifecence.
- Disneyland Oddities:
Disneyland is home to numerous feral cats. I wonder why Pogo sticks are forbidden at Disneyland?
- Disneyland Tidbits:
Who do you think was Walt Disney’s personal favourite character? Well, none other than tie-wearing dog Goofy.
On a trip to Disneyland Paris, George Lucas decided to film the Star Wars attraction during a ride.
- Animated Films:
– The following fact blows my mind. Just the talent and creativity that was in that room at the time. The ideas for Wall-E, Monsters Inc, A Bug’s Life, and Finding Nemo came from a single lunchtime brainstorming session.
– Though commonly referred to as seven ‘dwarves’, the film’s actual title is Snow White and the Seven ‘Dwarfs’.
- Creative Process:
– To capture the movement of Aladdin’s low-cut baggy pants, animator Glen Keane watched M.C. Hammer videos.
– The Beast from Beauty and the Beast was created using inspiration from different animals. What animals were used do you think?
- Disney Theme Park Facts:
– The Matterhorn rollercoaster at Disneyland has a secret basketball court inside for Disneyland staff to use.
– When the Pirates of the Caribbean ride opened in 1967, the only fake skeletons available to Disneyland designers were rather naff, so they used real skeletons. Euuughhhhhhh……
- Disney Princesses and Siblings:
– Ariel was the only Disney princess to have siblings until Brave.
– The rest of the Disney princesses are all only children.
- Disney Animation Fun Facts:
– Disney recycled much of its early animation in a technique called rotoscoping to cut costs.
– This is really very clever. Why re invent the wheel when you have all the footage? Large parts of the 1973 film Robin Hood were taken from Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, The Jungle Book, and The Aristocats.
The Little Mermaid and The Hunchback of Notre Dame come second and third as my Disney movies. I was given the three gargoyle cuddly toys as a gift and I adored them. The horse in The Hunchback is called Achilles and when given the order – Achilles heel, it always makes me smile. Demi Moore plays the beautiful Jasmine in the movie.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid
I don’t believe there has been a bad Disney Movie. Some, of course, are better than others, but they never fail to deliver a magical experience.
FROZEN is the most popular Disney movie of all time.
Unsurprisingly, Frozen was found to be the favorite Disney movie worldwide, with an annual 1.9 million Google searches.
Hi Ho Hi Ho
It’s off to bed I go….