My next weird event occurred when I visited a friend’s house- for the first time- in Wicklow. We had worked together and had not seen one another for 2 years. I was excited to meet her, see her lovely home and meet her gorgeous dog.
I was greeted with a very welcome big hug. Buzz and Finn bonded immediately with ‘Jess’ her beautiful black Labrador. As I walked into the hallway a carbon monoxide alarm that was stuck to the ceiling came crashing down. Both of us-as well as the dogs- got an awful shock.
I felt that it was time to confess to my friend about the flower basket falling whilst I was walking Buzz and Finn. The subject of using ‘sage’ to cleanse a house of unsettled spirits came up came up and I asked her if she had any. To my relief she told me that she had.
We had a giggle over the fact that I was not the ideal house guest. I could imagine myself being in her position .Any guest arriving, that would cause things to break which would then require a mini exorcism of a home is not the best.
Perhaps commissioning a priest to travel with me for when I visit people’s homes would be an option? I jest. But if you have any similar weird stories please share.
All the best