The images are from
Research is from
I have been researching Chakras recently as I always had some idea as to what they were but could never really differentiate between the different chakras. I thought maybe I could add a link to the song by Chakra Khan-I feel for you’ but then realized her name is Chaka Khan. So, here goes.
We have 7 chakras which are like vortices of energy from our head down to our sacrum. ’Chakra’ is the Sanskrit word for wheel as this is what the energy ball resembles. They are constantly in motion. There are sounds associated with them. Whilst reciting these sounds it is best to surrender for pure cosmic energy flow.
OM is the sound for – the crown chakra. This is our connection to the divine and concerns our thoughts and feelings.
- Location:The very top of the head
- What it controls:Inner and outer beauty, spiritual connection
- Lesson: “I am a vessel for love and light.”
- Colour: Violet/White
- Element:Divine Consciousness
- Stone: Clear quartz
- Yoga pose: Headstand
- When it develops: 43-49 years old
OM is the sound for -the third eye. This is our Illusion of our self that we are separate and not one. It controls our Intuition. Imagination. Wisdom. Ability to think and make decisions. Also our Collective consciousness.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra)
- What it controls: Intuition, imagination, and wisdom
- Mantra: “I am open to exploring what cannot be seen.”
- Colour: Dark Blue/Purple
- Element: Light
- Stone: Amethyst
- Yoga pose: Child’s Pose
- When it develops: 36-42 years old
I am off to clear my third eye as it has been a bit blurry lately.
To be continued tomorrow.
That’s all for now