HAM is the sound for- the throat chakra (word of warning here. Have your breakfast before reciting these sounds otherwise you will be obsessed with thinking of a ham sandwich. As I was. Even OM had me thinking of ham) This relates to language, sound and truth. It can be blocked by lies, denial and lies about ourselves.
- Location: Throat
- What it controls: Communication, self-expression, and truth
- Mantra: “I speak my truth, always.”
- Colour: Light Blue/Turquoise
- Element: Sound/Music
- Stone: Aquamarine
- Yoga pose: Fish Pose
- When it develops: 29-35 years old
YAM is the sound for- the heart chakra. This concerns love and can be blocked by grief sadness and loss. Our peace of mind will abound if our heart chakra is unblocked.
- Location: Center of chest, just above the heart
- What it controls: Love, joy, and inner peace
- Mantra: “When I love myself, loving others comes easily.”
- Colour: Green
- Element: Air
- Stone: Rose Quartz
- Yoga pose: Camel Pose
- When it develops: 21-28 years old
RAM is the sound for- the solar plexus chakra. This relates to will power and can be blocked by shame. Accepting ourselves our strengths as well as our flaws is important for the healthy flow of energy within this chakra. Our self-worth and self-esteem are increased when this chakra is clear.
- Location:Upper abdomen in the stomach area
- What it controls:Self-worth, self-confidence, and self-esteem
- Mantra: “Self-love starts when I accept all parts of myself.”
- Stone: Amber
- Yoga pose: Boat Pose
- When it develops: 15-21 years old
VAM is the sound for- the sacral chakra. Forgiving ourselves is vital for this chakra to be clear. Our sexual desires and wellbeing flourish without fear.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel
- What it controls: Your sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, and sexuality
- Mantra: “I always honour others but not before myself.”
- Colour: Orange
- Element: Water
- Stone: Tiger’s Eye
- Yoga pose: Bound Angle Pose
- When it develops: 8-14 years old
LAM is the sound for- the root chakra. These chakras require us to relinquish fear, be free and courageous. It concerns our security both financial and the need to be grounded.
- Location: Base of spine, in tailbone area
- What it controls: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food
- Mantra: “I can’t grow from an unsteady foundation.”
- Colour: Red
- Element: Earth
- Stone: Hematite
- Yoga pose: Warrior I
- When it develops: 1-7 years old
I am off to get grounded at the beach.Swiftly followed by a trip to the chipper to practice the ‘Fish and chip’ pose.
That’s all for now