As the song ‘And so this is Christmas’ by John Lennon goes
And so, this is Christmas
And what have you done?
Another year over
A New one just begun
So, what have I done? Like a lot of people, not an awful lot. Just trying to stay safe and keep others safe too. I have done a lot of reflection, and self-analysis. Mindful of the phrase ‘analysis leads to paralysis ‘.
Back in Christmas 2018, if anyone had said that the world would come to a screeching halt by the end of 2019, I am pretty sure no one would have believed them. I wonder if Nostradamus or the psychics predicted this? If anything, ‘The Simpsons’ seem to be the greatest predictors of the future. So far, they have predicted
- Donald Trump’s presidency.
- Lady Gaga flying into the super bowl.
- Holmstrom and Oliver Hart winning a Nobel prize in 2016 in economics.
- Siegfried and Roy being attacked by their tiger.
- The UK horse meat scandal.
- The virtual reality game ‘Farmville’.
- Two Beatles fans receiving replies to their letters 50 years after sending them.
- Smart watches featured in 1995.
- Disney buying Fox was predicted in 1998.
- US winning an Olympic medal in curling.
- In 1993 the ‘Osaka Flu’
Perhaps we need to look to The Simpsons for 2021?
Happy Christmas Eve and have a great day tomorrow.