www.petful.com- The reference re the Neapolitan Mastiff resembling a Salvador painting is from Dave Baker from the above link. I had to look twice as initially I thought his name was ‘Barker’. How I nearly laughed when I considered for a millisecond that his name was Barker and he was writing about dogs.
The dog featured is a ‘Xoloitzcuintli’. Try pronouncing that after a few bevvies. The Xolo, a Mexican hairless breed, is not only funny looking, but it’s also quite rare. According to Mr. Baker the pronunciation goes something like this “SHO-lo-eats-KWEENT-lee”).
Neapolitan Mastiff – Just love this photo and had to share.
This poor pooch, with is massive wrinkles and sags, looks like something out of a Salvador Dali painting.
Here are some more silly dog breeds for your perusal.
- Lambpoo- A lamb crossed with a Poodle
- Bedspring- A Bedlington Terrier and Springer Spaniel (True breed)
- FoxShit- A Fox Terrier crossed with a Shitzu ( True breed)
- Jacka Bee- Jack Russell Terrier and a Beagle (True breed)
- Peeka Poo- A Pekinese and a Poodle (True breed)
- Pomsky- A Pomeranian and Siberian Husky- I saw one of these for the first-time last week and they are truly magnificent. Similar to the Papillon but less like a Fox and more like a miniature Husky.
- SheepShit – A Sheep Dog crossed with a Shitzu.
- Chow Shit- A Chow Chow crossed with a Shitzu. ( Not the name for a bad Chinese restaurant)
- Cockpit-Cocker Spaniel and a Pit Bull
That’s all for now