I believe that mindfulness should now be incorporated into eating and walking. Even though I expressed my cynicism in the previous blog, I am guilty of walking my dogs and being completely distracted by my thoughts. I call it my Mosquito mind, and I wrote a poem about it. You can find it under my poems on this blog. Over the years, I have been trying to learn to witness when my mind is like this. Eckhart Tolle and The Power of Now is my favourite author for mindfulness.
Here are some more cringeworthy jokes about mindfulness.
- I’m thinking of going on an online digital detox program.
- Why do they keep giving out free chocolate at our meditation retreat?
Because it’s a reTREAT.
- One of his students gave the Dalai Lama a big box with a ribbon for his birthday. When he opened the box, he found that it was empty inside.
“Aha,” he exclaimed, “just what I wanted!”
- What do you call a mindful wolf? Answer: Aware wolf
- Why did the Zen master go to the beach? A: Because he wanted to ‘seas’ the present moment.
- I love meditating in my herb garden…Good Thymes…
- I’ve taken a vow of silence for the rest of my life…I can’t tell you how much it means to me.
- When giving a present, remember it’s the thought that counts. Unless it’s for a meditation teacher. In that case, it’s the thought that doesn’t count.
- My mindfulness teacher told me I’ll never stop procrastinating until I meditate, and I said just you wait.
- Can mindfulness help stop me from asking rhetorical questions?
- Cows meditate – Oom is Moo backwards.
All the best