Following on from yesterday’s animal group names I would like to offer the following for your review and comments please.
Whilst walking Buzz and Finn we frequently happen upon several other dogs. This always brings a smile to my face. To see their collective tails wagging. The official collective noun is – a pack of dogs. My personal choice would be –Group of dogs- A Wag of Dogs
Here are some other suggestions.
- Gathering of cats – A Meow of Cats (the three official collective nouns are – a clutter, a glaring, and a pounce)
- Gathering of bees- A Buzz of Bees (the official collective noun is – A bike. Who knew? )
- Gathering of Drag Queens a Bliss (As they are all following their bliss)-OK, I know I have gone rogue here as they are not animals. But I am sure that they would disagree with me when they are on a good night out.
- Gathering of skunks- A pong. Self-explanatory really. However, the official collective noun is –A stench- which is rather good.
- Ducks- A quack. Although the official one- a paddle – is rather apt.
- Group of Giraffes- A Neck- The official one is – A Tower
- Group of zebras- A stripe- The official one is ‘A zeal’, which I love.
A group of writers (I know. Gone rogue again). – A scribe of writers? A chapter of writers? An imagination of writers. A google search revealed the official noun is ‘A worship of writers. Not sure about this one…………
Let me know what you think.
That’s all for now